Monday, April 1, 2013

Hello!

I know I'm a little late in the game, being a whole day into my third trimester, but I've decided to do what I can to document the rest of my pregnancy.  So here we are :)  27 weeks and 1 day.





I am officially one big pregnant lady!  There's a lot of adjusting to do.  A lot of figuring out what works now.  This morning I figured out that I can't lay down on the couch with my head on Brad's lap, because without a lot of struggling and work, I can't get up. 


Avery's kicks are getting stronger ever day.  I'm not someone who can usually sit in the quiet and be content, but when she's really active, just lifting my shirt (and lowering my jean panel lol) and watching her move across my belly is all the entertainment (fascination) I need.





Anticipating a daughter has had me embracing my more feminine side.  I really wonder why I neglected it for so long.  God's decision to make me a female is a terrific blessing, and I see no problem now in embracing every ounce of it.  The past few days I've decided to spend a little more time on my hair than usual.  I'm actually giving some of those Pinterest tips a try.  My sweet little girl has inspired me to seek after God-intended femininity, and I hope to teach her all about it.  We're talking flowers, beauty, skirts, and in very specific instances, pink.  I know there's more to God-intended femininity than those things, but they certainly don't hurt.





Our nest will soon be available to us (sale closes on the 26th), and we're so looking forward to preparing the nursery.  There's a lot of things we want to do to the house to make it our own, but only when we talk about what the nursery do we get big grins and warm feelings inside.  We long to prepare a place for her.





I'd do best to run off now.  Dinner's not gonna make itself, and Brad should be back from his route any minute.  I'm not sure how often I'll update this blog, but I hope to be more consistent with it than I am with most things.  Thanks for reading and please keep our little family in your prayers.  It's a hard, exciting, beautiful, and momentous time in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment